Form template not valid. Unspecified error. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Form template not valid. Unspecified error.

Last post 11-19-2012 09:51 AM by Anson Hidajat. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-09-2012 04:42 PM

Form template not valid. Unspecified error.

Just finished making a number of changes to a form template and went to view it in preview mode when I got the error "Infopath cannot open a new form. The form template is not valid. Unspecified error." I tried deleting the changes I made to the form, but even if I delete the whole form and as many of the fields and rules as I can (trying to remove any crippling error source), the error persists and the form cannot be opened. Is it corrupt? I would just copy the form to a new template if there was a way to keep the fields (but of course everything becomes unbound and all default field values erase- how is that remotely helpful?). If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it. This is Infopath 2010. Thanks.
  • 11-19-2012 09:51 AM In reply to

Re: Form template not valid. Unspecified error.

Did you happen to hand modify the xsn before you got this error?  Do you have a previous working copy of the form?  Unfortunately, the error message is generic and won't clue you into what exactly is broken in your form. Sorry couldn't be more help :(
    Anson Hidajat
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.