Force Date format to promoted field in sharepoint list - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Force Date format to promoted field in sharepoint list

Last post 11-09-2012 07:33 AM by Anson Hidajat. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-08-2012 10:55 AM

Force Date format to promoted field in sharepoint list

been struggling with this one.....  i am trying to get a date field in my form to format to dd/mmm/yyyy.    the closes i can get is dd-mmm-yy .   my problem is that even when i select that, it is like infopath ignores it and wants to put it in the format infopath wants......   is there a substring formula i can use to fix this?   this is driving me crazy......

• 11-09-2012 07:33 AM In reply to

Re: Force Date format to promoted field in sharepoint list

Do you want it to appear like that in InfoPath or in SharePoint?  If its InfoPath, you'll have to use substrings to get the specific format you want if its not one of the out of box formats in the format date properties dialog.  If its SharePoint, you could try and use a calculated column but to be honest not sure if that will 100% work for you.  Just keep in mind that if you set it one way in InfoPath it doesn't mean that it will be reflected the same way in SharePoint.  You are simply changing how its displayed in the control via InfoPath.  The field data itself isn't being changed, so that means it won't get reflected in SharePoint.  Hope this helps,
    Anson Hidajat
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.