The submit button - going to another page - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

The submit button - going to another page

Last post 11-10-2012 08:40 AM by Newinfopather. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-07-2012 07:21 AM

The submit button - going to another page

Infopath 2010. IE 8

This should be an easy one (I know, famous last words).  But...  I have my infopath form submitting properly, it even goes to the "Thank you for submitting" view.  However, when you try to close the window, it asks the user again if they want to submit the form..

Here are the three rules on my submit button, in order:

Action: Set a field's value
    Field: strFilename
    Value: concat(userName(), now())

Action: Submit data
    Data Connection: Sharepoint Library Submit

Action: Switch views
    View: Successful

All the user needs to do after switching view is close the window, but as I said, it's asking if they want to submit it again.

Someone know my glitch?

Thanks much!

“A computer will do what you tell it to do, but that may be much different from what you had in mind.”
    ~Joseph Weizenbaum
  • 11-09-2012 07:39 AM In reply to

Re: The submit button - going to another page

Consider creating another InfoPath button that has a rule that simply closes the form.  This should bypass that prompt asking you to save again.  To prevent the user from using the ribbon, go to File -> Fom Options and in the Browser features category unselect Close.  This will remove that command from the ribbon in the browser.  Hope this helps!
    Anson Hidajat
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 11-10-2012 08:40 AM In reply to

Re: The submit button - going to another page

Thanks!  I tried that and still had the problem.  I finally linked it to InfoPath. There were a few things going on trying to use the infopath form as opposed to a web page. 

I actually rebuilt the whole thing from scratch starting with the form being web accessible. It only took about a couple hours to rebuild and it works like a charm.

Thanks for your input!  :)  Appreciate it!

===================================

Anson Hidajat:
    Consider creating another InfoPath button that has a rule that simply closes the form.  This should bypass that prompt asking you to save again.  To prevent the user from using the ribbon, go to File -> Fom Options and in the Browser features category unselect Close.  This will remove that command from the ribbon in the browser.  Hope this helps!

“A computer will do what you tell it to do, but that may be much different from what you had in mind.”
    ~Joseph Weizenbaum
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.