How to have the value of a control made dynamic based on selections of two DropDown Boxes? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

How to have the value of a control made dynamic based on selections of two DropDown Boxes?

Last post 10-26-2012 11:24 AM by Anson Hidajat. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-25-2012 05:35 PM

• anils
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-25-2012
    • Posts 1

How to have the value of a control made dynamic based on selections of two DropDown Boxes?

Hello Everyone,

It is good to be in the company of all you people specifically into the Infopath space :)

Going into my problem scenario, I am trying to add a Severity Matrix implementation from a list

Severity    Priority   Impact
    Sev 1         High        Significant
    Sev 2         High        High
    Sev 2         Normal    High

and so on
    There are two controls which lets users choose Priority and Impact and depending on the selection, I want the control to take the Severity values from the list.

Cheers,

Anils

• 10-26-2012 11:24 AM In reply to

Re: How to have the value of a control made dynamic based on selections of two DropDown Boxes?

Check out this tutorial video I created that describes how to create cascading dropdowns in InfoPath: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH7xUEcQwwg

If you have any specific questions, feel free to let me know and I can try to help!

Anson Hidajat
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 10-29-2012 07:16 AM In reply to

Re: How to have the value of a control made dynamic based on selections of two DropDown Boxes?

Hi,

You can accomplish this using rules. The conditions in the rules will look like this:

If Priority=High and Impact=High, then have a rule that sets Severity to Sev2.

If Priority=Normal and Impact=High, then have a rule that sets Severity to Sev2.

And so one, one rule for each possible combination.

Good luck!

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.