Radio Buttons - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Radio Buttons

Last post 10-23-2012 06:19 AM by texaminn. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-22-2012 01:54 PM

• texaminn
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-13-2011
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Posts 12

Radio Buttons

I'm almost embarressed to ask this question since I made this form, but it was over a year ago and I can't remember how I did some things.

I have the below form I made last year.  This year, the "Not Applicable" column needs to be added.  The numbers "1, 2, and 3" represent didn't evaluators.  Bottom line, if something is chosen for Outperforming, nothing can be chosen for the columns.  It worked fine before I added the column and now I have two problems.

1)  As you can see in the first row, the first new set of buttons under "Not Applicable" are the standard looking option button.  These appeared when I just added new buttons and did not copy from another column.  How did I get that "inverted" looking button in the other columns?

2)  As you can see in the second row, I just copied "Developing Performer" into the new column, but when "Developing Performer" is selected, so is "Not Applicable".  All the buttons in the row (1,2 or 3) use the same control and worked fine until I added the new column.  How do I get the new column to work like the other columns.

If I can get #2 answered, I really don't care about #1 since all the buttons on my form have that "inverted" look.

Radio Button

• 10-22-2012 02:07 PM In reply to

• texaminn
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-13-2011
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Posts 12

Ok, I figured out #1.  Had to do with borders and shading.  But I still have the #2 Problem.  

Like I said, in the first row the "NA" column was added and in the second row the "NA" column was copied from the "Developing Performer" column.  For some reason, in the first row when I added the buttons, it tied them to various columns.  Why?!?

• 10-22-2012 02:25 PM In reply to

Right click each radio button and select Change Binding - then re-bind to the correct field. I'm not sure what you did differently when you initially designed the form, but I know if you copy / paste a control, it will remain bound to the field the original control was bound to....

Hilary Stoupa

• 10-22-2012 02:46 PM In reply to

• texaminn
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-13-2011
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Posts 12

Thanks, but that didn't work.  Kept the same binding. 

I took it a step further and just added an entirely new row with the seven columns.  Now, you click one and they ALL are selected in the row.  This is aggravating and embarressing since I was able to do it when I originally built the form.  How do you have a row of option buttons, but when one selected, the others are out, and you can only have one selected at a time?

• 10-22-2012 02:52 PM In reply to

I'm not willing to try to guess without seeing the old & new form. You can attach a zip to the Options tab if you can share them.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-22-2012 03:03 PM In reply to

• texaminn
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-13-2011
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Posts 12
    I took off any identifying information.  Form attached.
  • 10-22-2012 03:16 PM In reply to

Looks like in your previous buttons, each row is bound to a single field. For example, if I look at row 1 for "Works at a consistent pace", all buttons are bound to b44. In row 2, they are all bound to b44-2. In row 3, all are bound to b44-3.

Looking at your buttons for Works well under pressure - if you copied the buttons from Developing Performer to Not Applicable, the binding would be what you wanted, but the buttons in both columns would have the same value if selected. Thus, when you select the button in row ine in the Developing Performer column, it would set b47 to 1 - in the Not Applicable column, if the value of b47 is 1, that radio button would be shown as selected - make sense?

In your Cooperates and assists with changes to .... etc section, all the buttons for row 1 have the same value when selected. All the buttons in row two have the same value when selected....same with row 3. Take a look at how you set the values in some of the other sections.

Hilary Stoupa

• 10-23-2012 06:19 AM In reply to

• texaminn
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-13-2011
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Posts 12

"...set the values" was the key.  I just set the value to the "NA" column to "0" and that worked.  Thanks for your help.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.