Browser enabled form has Slow performance - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Browser enabled form has Slow performance

Last post 10-19-2012 02:01 PM by xmlCreator. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-12-2012 05:46 PM

Browser enabled form has Slow performance

I have a browser based form that has 5 views. Everytime the viewe is swicthed it receives data from another list (task list)to display in the form. However, there is about 15 fields per view that displays values but takes 30 seconds to a minute to open.  I need to figure out a way to speed this up. There is only about 500 items in the list that stores the data so I figured it can be that causing the issue but I am not sure. i probably can write code to set the values of the textbox. would this help? Or I can create a bunch of custom ist views for the llist (task list) that stores this data and use a web service or URL filter(owsfilter or something like that) to retrieve the data? any suggestions on how to improve the performance on a form that display alot of data per view?
  • 10-18-2012 12:55 PM In reply to

Re: Browser enabled form has Slow performance

Here is an article that may help: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/bb380251%28v=office.12%29.aspx

You should disable your rule that queries the tasks and then see if the load time is improved when switching views.  If that is the culprit, consider querying only the for entries that you need instead of returning the entire data set.  That should speed things up significantly.

Anson Hidajat
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 10-19-2012 02:01 PM In reply to

Re: Browser enabled form has Slow performance

Thanks. I understand that. I have tried rest service. however, the XML file it uses is missing some of the columns i need data from in the task list so that does not work. I thought this would work. also I cant use views because there is an item limit. I am working on some code now.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.