How to send a form as an e-mail in the body for not-infopath-users - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

How to send a form as an e-mail in the body for not-infopath-users

Last post 09-20-2012 10:15 AM by marlasinger. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-19-2012 10:28 AM

How to send a form as an e-mail in the body for not-infopath-users

Hi everybody! I work at a university, and my boss has asked me to build a form to send to the students who need special equipment from us. So far, so good. I could build it with no problem. The thing is that we need it to be sent as part of the body of the e-mail, and most of the students won't have neither infopath nor microsoft outlook installed or set up on their computers. Is there a way to do this? Or am I just dreaming about it? I need them to answer a few routine questions that will help us know the kind of equipment that would best fit their needs. For example: - do you have a hard drive with the files in it? If so, what kind of HDD is it (firewire, sata, usb)? Is the disk formatted for mac or pc?, etc. Please help!!! I'll greatly appreciate it!!
  • 09-19-2012 04:14 PM In reply to

Re: How to send a form as an e-mail in the body for not-infopath-users

Why not just send them a link to an online form? If you have SharePoint 2010 with InfoPath Form Services, you don't need to have InfoPath or Outlook installed. Some configuration required to get the link correct, but it's not hard.
    Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 09-20-2012 10:15 AM In reply to

Re: How to send a form as an e-mail in the body for not-infopath-users

Hi Patrick, and thanks for your suggestion. Honestly, we'd rather send the form directly to their inbox to avoid any hint of laziness they might have on their systems. Do you know if it's possible? Thanks in advanced!
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.