Can a button generate a text box? Please help! - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Can a button generate a text box? Please help!

Last post 01-08-2013 04:18 PM by marktienzo. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-29-2012 12:53 PM

Can a button generate a text box? Please help!

Here is what I am looking for with InfoPath, and I'm not quite sure if I can do it!

I am creating a "Job" request form. A job can have one or many tasks associated with it. So when a user goes to submit a new job request form, there is a Job Title and then they need to add tasks to it. Whether it is one task or many tasks doesn't matter. Originally I created a button, and just titled it "Add Task." I want a text box to generate when the user clicks that button. Ergo, if there's one task they click the button, type in the text box what the task is and then continue on to the next field. If there are multiple tasks, they click the button, type of task description into the generated text box, click the button again, and just cycle until they have added all the necessary tasks.

I hope I described that correctly. If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

• 01-08-2013 04:18 PM In reply to

Re: Can a button generate a text box? Please help!

Good day Richelle L,

Try using a repeating table, it does everything you described sans a button.  But a flap below the repeating table will be used to add, insert, or delete tasks needed.  You can edit the label of the flap to anything you want e.g. Add Task.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.