Hide a field depending on the values chosen in the Multi-Selection List Box, web form / InfoPath 2010 - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Hide a field depending on the values chosen in the Multi-Selection List Box, web form / InfoPath 2010

Last post 08-20-2012 02:49 AM by Olgierd. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-16-2012 05:30 AM

Hide a field depending on the values chosen in the Multi-Selection List Box, web form / InfoPath 2010

Hi,

I have a Multi-Selection List Box. The rule that I would like to apply is as follows: if "Global Functions" expression would be ticked from the listing (5 possible options) - another field will be unhidden. I tried several options, like:

putting the value is not equal to text "Global Functions", or putting all 4 other values as equal to text and their respective text. What I am doing wrong?

Filed under:
  • 08-16-2012 07:00 AM In reply to

Re: Hide a field depending on the values chosen in the Multi-Selection List Box, web form / InfoPath 2010

Please try using All occurrences of <field> are not equal to "Global Functions".  The All occurrences option is available in a dropdown on the Select Field dialog.
    Jimmy Rishe / Software Developer / Microsoft MVP
    Qdabra Software
  • 08-16-2012 10:35 AM In reply to

Re: Hide a field depending on the values chosen in the Multi-Selection List Box, web form / InfoPath 2010

I am a little bit lost. Where I can I find it in the "Manage Rules" section? Is in the Conditions area?
  • 08-16-2012 10:44 AM In reply to

Yes, when you set up the condition, select "Select a field or group..." from the left dropdown, select the MSLB's field, and before confirming the Select a Field or Group dialog, pick All occurrences of ___ from the dropdown.
    Qdabra Software
  • 08-16-2012 12:11 PM In reply to

Got it, but it still not working. Whad I did wrong. Now formula looks as follows: All Occurences of G_Business are not equal to "Global Functions". Maybe to add a little bit more background: I have two additional columns called Population with following options Individual/Group. If individual is chosen then you have a simple listing of businesses that would be loaded into I_Business value, if group then loaded into G_Business value. So the full conditional formatting looks like this:

I_Business is not equal to "Global Functions" and All Occurences of G_Business are not equal to "Global Functions", In this case additional control appears if I choose the one for individual, but doesnt' work on group and then global functions chosen.

• 08-17-2012 07:12 AM In reply to

Ok, so what is the full condition under which you would like the control to be unhidden?
    Qdabra Software
  • 08-20-2012 02:49 AM In reply to

I found what was causing the issue. My control had a different setup on value and display name in its properties.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.