Get the local path of the InfoPath 2010 filler form in code behind- from where user is opened the form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Get the local path of the InfoPath 2010 filler form in code behind- from where user is opened the form

Last post 01-15-2013 04:14 PM by Pasu. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-10-2012 09:58 AM

• swamy
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-13-2012
    • Bangalore
    • Posts 9

Get the local path of the InfoPath 2010 filler form in code behind- from where user is opened the form

Have to get local path of the InfoPath 2010 filler form. Any way to get  path of the InfoPath form.?

When user is opned from local path. have to get this path in the code behind. "d:\test.xml"

• 08-11-2012 07:39 AM In reply to

Re: Get the local path of the InfoPath 2010 filler form in code behind- from where user is opened the form

My guess is that it is impossible. The same XML file can be saved in multiple locations (multiple paths) and it is not saved as part of XML data

Gennady Vanin (Novosibirsk) --- Геннадий Ванин (Новосибирск)
  • 08-12-2012 05:31 AM In reply to

• swamy
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-13-2012
    • Bangalore
    • Posts 9

Re: Get the local path of the InfoPath 2010 filler form in code behind- from where user is opened the form

We can use this.Uri

• 08-12-2012 10:35 AM In reply to

swamy:

We can use this.Uri

The answer to your question

• "Get the local path of the InfoPath 2010 filler form in code behind- from where user is opened the form"
     is impossible, to the best of my knowledge.

It (this.Uri) cannot be relied upon in determining original location from where a file was opened.

If you save .XML file of Infopath form into another folder (and/or under another name), you should see through this.Uri the last saved (not opened) location

• 08-15-2012 12:36 AM In reply to

Removed, I jumped to wrong conclusions due to a bug in Infopath Filler 2010
  • 08-15-2012 12:44 AM In reply to

• swamy
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-13-2012
    • Bangalore
    • Posts 9

My requirement is to get local path or Server path from where InfoPath opened.

It should give a path of the form.. It may be different path everytime

This.uri   suits my requirement.

• 08-15-2012 05:07 AM In reply to

Deleted original post.

I have used a local folder named \ ###, from which XML files and XSN templates are not being opened from Infopath Filler, from which I jumped to wrong conclusions!!!!!!!!!!

• 01-15-2013 04:14 PM In reply to

• Pasu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-13-2006
    • USA
    • Posts 24

swamy:

My requirement is to get local path or Server path from where InfoPath opened.

It should give a path of the form.. It may be different path everytime

This.uri   suits my requirement.

Is this feature included in qRules?

If yes, can someone brief the usage?

If not, will it be included anytime in the near future?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.