Rendered browser form auto-resizes table column width when Sumit to Email from Sharepoint Server - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Rendered browser form auto-resizes table column width when Sumit to Email from Sharepoint Server

Last post 08-09-2012 10:19 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-09-2012 08:28 AM

Rendered browser form auto-resizes table column width when Sumit to Email from Sharepoint Server

Newbie here... any advice/direction will be appreciated. I've created a simple form and published it to a Sharepoint site for browser usage. When submitting through the browser, the form is sent to an email address. Problem: when this email is received the form automatically re-sizes columns with the email display window. When submitting through the InfoPath "Preview" feature, the form submission retains its original tabular width. This tells me the issue is within the translation between InfoPath and the browser-enabled form. Hopefully there is just a "maintain column width" check-box somewhere I'm missing. :) Thanks for your help, Rick
  • 08-09-2012 09:46 AM In reply to

Re: Rendered browser form auto-resizes table column width when Sumit to Email from Sharepoint Server

Hi-

This is a classic problem in InfoPath. Sadly, the email view is distorted and the solution is to have two sections. One section for "filling out" the form and one section for "emailing". That way, you can format the UI differently, so that it looks ok when filling out and it looks ok when emailed. You can switch between showing one section and hiding the other. I think this has been discussed before but if the forum search doesn't return anything and you need additional help, let us know.

Thanks.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 08-09-2012 10:19 AM In reply to

Re: Rendered browser form auto-resizes table column width when Sumit to Email from Sharepoint Server

Here's a post with more details on what Ernesto outlined.

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.