.xsf file has invalid mapping from the document to the submit web service - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

.xsf file has invalid mapping from the document to the submit web service

Last post 08-07-2012 02:08 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-07-2012 10:45 AM

.xsf file has invalid mapping from the document to the submit web service

I have created a form that submits to a SQL endpoint web service and all went well until I added a comment column to my SQL table defined as Stncomment nvarchar(255).  After adding this column I can no longer submit and save a record back to SQL through the web service.  I have tried resetting the data connection in InfoPath (2007) and even tried deleting and recreating the entire form with the new SQL data connection that includes the comment column but it still will not work and I get the same error message.  The form is an InfoPath 2007 filler (not a web form).  I am not using any managed code.  All processing is done through the web service and SQL (2008) stored procedures.  Can you help me find out what the problem is?  I am new to using web services and SOAP.  I don't know how to find out what the SOAP return messages are.

Thanks in advance

Pam J.

• 08-07-2012 01:59 PM In reply to

Re: .xsf file has invalid mapping from the document to the submit web service

My issue was not the comment field at all.  It was the fact that there were columns with NULL values in the SQL row I was testing on.  InfoPath doesn't like dealing with NULL columns in the form.  I tested the comment field on a record that had all other columns set to some value other than NULL and the update worked fine.

• 08-07-2012 02:08 PM In reply to

Re: .xsf file has invalid mapping from the document to the submit web service

Hey - sorry no one was able to help you before you figured this out yourself, but thanks so much for posting the results here.

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.