Insufficient security privilege - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Insufficient security privilege

Last post 04-27-2009 08:20 AM by Fdcctx. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-17-2006 07:14 AM

Insufficient security privilege

Hello:

I have distributed an InfoPath form to users as an email attachment. All users but one have had success double-clicking the form from email and submitting their information. The one user who is having a problem is getting this error:

Insufficient Security Privilege
    This form cannot be opened because it requests domain security level and is only allowed restricted security level. Based on the information in the form, the file should be located at <leaving blank for security reasons> in order to open with the correct security level.

What causes this type of error?

Thanks.
  • 04-17-2006 07:21 AM In reply to

Re: Insufficient security privilege

Hi CycleFitness,

Check out the following link.
    http://www.infopathdev.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2124

Regards,
    Abhishek
  • 04-17-2006 01:34 PM In reply to

Thank you. That's very helpful.
  • 04-19-2006 10:32 PM In reply to

Hi Deb,
    We're publishing a HowTo in a couple days that also talks about extranet deployment via e-mail and should provide a cool solution to having both e-mail users as well as intranet SharePoint or Web server users.
    Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 05-22-2006 02:13 PM In reply to

I've reviewed the different security options and am confused why my user is having an issue. I have two InfoPath forms. Both have the same Security setting to "Domain." Both are published to the same Sharepoint site with the same privileges. One the user can access without a problem. The other one he gets "Insufficient Security Privileges." When I change the form's security to 'Full Trust' he gets the error that "InfoPath cannot create a new form" with the detail that "InfoPath is trying to access files and settings on your computer . . ." Our Sharepoint site is internal to our intranet. I don't understand why this is happening. This form is only in testing and cannot be released until we can figure out why this happens; otherwise, we'll have this issue over and over.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!
  • 05-23-2006 07:34 AM In reply to

Hi CycleFitness,

Have u used any line of code which requires the form to be FullyTrusted?
    For example:- the "SaveAs" method requires the form to be Fully Trusted.Same with PrintOut method.Also trying to access the login ID of ur system requires full trust.

Also,if u want to make a form Full Trust,then setting the security setting to "Full Trust" is not sufficient.
    U need to either install the form in client machines or use a digital signature.

Check out the following links
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ipsdk/html/ipsdkSignedFormTemplate_HV01120501.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ipsdk/html/ipsdkDeployURNFormToSharePoint_HV01086376.asp

Regards,
    Abhishek
  • 05-23-2006 07:38 AM In reply to

Hi Abhishek:

No, I do not have any code that accesses that object. My code looks like this:

function CTRL19_5::OnClick(eventObj)

{
    if (XDocument.Errors.Count > 0)
    {
    XDocument.UI.Alert("Required information is missing as indicated by the red asterisk(s).")
    return;
    }
    try
    {
    XDocument.Submit()
    Application.ActiveWindow.Close(true);
    }
    catch(e)
    {
    XDocument.UI.Alert("You have already submitted a report today. If this is a revised submission, please submit it tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience.");
    Application.ActiveWindow.Close(true);
    }
    }

There are two data connections in the form. One is retrieving States from an XML file and the other is the main submit to the forms library.
  • 05-23-2006 11:18 PM In reply to

Hi,

Check out this link,

http://infopathdev.com/howto/tutorials/default.aspx?i=fd7c86608b4344eaa46ac6a2829136b1

I hope this will help for you,

Thanks.
    krishna chaitanya tedla
    InfopathDev, India.
  • 05-24-2006 11:52 AM In reply to

I'm not trying to publish via email. These are two forms libraries on the same internal Sharepoint site. The user is internal as well. One works and the other one gives him a security error.
  • 05-24-2006 09:27 PM In reply to

Hi CycleFitness,
    For the other form that is giving u a security error,try making it a full trust and check if it works.
    And before deploying a full trust form in SharePoint,Read thoroughly the 2 links I sent u.
    Regards,
    Abhishek
  • 05-25-2006 05:26 AM In reply to

I posted that above . . .

quote:
    When I change the form's security to 'Full Trust' he gets the error that "InfoPath cannot create a new form" with the detail that "InfoPath is trying to access files and settings on your computer . . ." Our Sharepoint site is internal to our intranet. I don't understand why this is happening. This form is only in testing and cannot be released until we can figure out why this happens; otherwise, we'll have this issue over and over.

The forms are EXACTLY the same with the exception of text. One works fine with Domain Trust. Why would the other one need Full Trust? This doesn't make sense.
  • 12-18-2007 07:13 AM In reply to

I am having the same problem. Did you ever figure the cause?

Thanks

dean

Dean
    Charlotte, NC
  • 12-18-2007 09:38 AM In reply to

I am not sure if this is the same problem but here is what I have noticed:

1. I am developing a domain-trust solution that is meant to run both in the browser and the rich client. I do not want full trust because I don't want to sign it.
    2. The solution has code so I am developing in VS2005 with VSTO. I can preview the solution alright from VS during development.
    3. Since the solution has code, it has to be admin-published before it can be deployed. I do that. During the admin-publish process in InfoPath, it saves the XSN locally.

This XSN is no longer usable - I get a security error that it is restricted. I am not sure why this is happening, perhaps an InfoPath bug, but my guess is that this XSN is not meant for consumption.

4. I deploy the XSN to Forms Server--enabled Sharepoint as an admin-deployed form
    5. From Sharepoint I can open the form both in the browser and in the rich client

I hope this may provide some insight into the problem...

David Airapetyan / Software Services Architect
    Qdabra® Software / Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge
  • 04-01-2008 06:40 PM In reply to

• LGrote
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 01-23-2008
    • Seattle, WA
    • Posts 3

Not sure if people are still having this problem, but I solved it with the following:

Error message when you try to open an InfoPath 2007 form from a hyperlink: "Insufficient security privilege" (KB930892)

I am using IP2003, but the above solution seems to work just as well. 

One other note is that this was always seem to be happening with the links to the Form.

Going directly into the Sharepoint Forms Folder and using the Fill out Form button was the other work around. 

• 04-27-2009 08:20 AM In reply to

Hello,

So I was having this issue with other users (mine works fine), and I gave them the solution of clearing out temp files, history, and the such that was stated above. And it looked to work great for a while. However now, the same users that have had the issue went through the same procedure, since it has worked before, but now it doesn't work and the error remains. So if this issue persists, what steps should be taken so this issue can be fixed ?

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.