My reply has gone to moderation - should I wait or consider it lost for good? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

My reply has gone to moderation - should I wait or consider it lost for good?

Last post 09-24-2012 08:32 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-23-2012 12:36 AM

My reply has gone to moderation - should I wait or consider it lost for good?

I wrote a reply to

having included template and embedded a dozen of linked to imgur.com screenshots.

It has gone to moderation while I did not have opportunity to save/backup the text with all links to imgur images generated. 

Now I am worried:

• have it  been lost?
    • how much time to await its approval in order to get access to my contribution for its completing (final editing)?
    • Can a user be given a warning to backup/save its text before it's disappearing for moderation?
    Gennady Vanin (Novosibirsk) --- Геннадий Ванин (Новосибирск)
  • 07-23-2012 06:25 AM In reply to

Re: My reply has gone to moderation - should I wait or consider it lost for good?

Hi,

I have approved the forum post. It usually takes <12 hours for us to moderate, but it was the weekend so it took a bit longer.

The forum post should be visible now.

Thanks.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 09-22-2012 03:09 AM In reply to

Re: My reply has gone to moderation - should I wait or consider it lost for good?

Thanks.

Could you also approve my today's reply to Security message even when on localhost ?

I did not manage to get its text to backup after it has gone to moderation

• 09-22-2012 05:18 AM In reply to

I've approved it - sorry about that, I hate having to have a moderation queue, but we got blasted by a SPAMmer about 2 years ago, so we put a few rules in place - I'm surprised you are getting queued, actually - the rules are .... hmmm, I think I see what happens. We have an IP count rule - so more than one post per minute per an IP address (sometimes if someone is replying quickly to the unanswered post list, we'll end up in moderation) and the other based on link count. It looks like I have that set to a max of 7 links per post, and you write such throrough posts, with tons of useful references. Should I bump that up? I mean really, when we've seen SPAM, it generally has only one or two links, not 7 or more. I'm going to remove that rule - we'll stick with the rule on the posts per minute per IP.

Hilary Stoupa

• 09-22-2012 11:10 PM In reply to

Thanks.
    You are doing it right. Other forums are having even more grave problems and more frequently

I did not intend to discuss it. I just had the impression that my post posts could be lost (overlooked) amongst spam posts and it was not clear to which moderators I should have written privately since any one in particular could probably be  out for a few days.

• 09-24-2012 08:32 AM In reply to

The good news is that the queue is generally pretty small - only one or two posts, normally. So it doesn't take much time to reveiw it. You have my email address, and please feel free to use it if you get trapped in the queue again, I'm usually not too far from a machine and am happy to hop online and un-queue you. :-)

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.