New to DBXL - Fields NULL in DB after mapping - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

New to DBXL - Fields NULL in DB after mapping

Last post 07-18-2012 04:44 PM by kcoakley. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-17-2012 09:03 PM

New to DBXL - Fields NULL in DB after mapping

Hello,

I'm working with the DBXL 2.6 trial. I've worked my way through the Quick Start guide and am now working with my own form and database. Upon shredding my documents, I'm finding that all fields, except for the DBXL::DocId, are NULL in the database. Here are some screenshots:

Thank you for any help!

Ken

• 07-18-2012 05:10 AM In reply to

Re: New to DBXL - Fields NULL in DB after mapping

Hi Ken,

All Node Paths (on the right had side of your screenshot) need to be relative. So, for example, the node path for the Date will need to be relative to the parent.

Usually DAT is good about preserving this. What I mean is: select the Node Path of the Table, and then select the Node Path for each column (always using the taskpane), and DBXL should keep the columns paths relative to the table's path.

So in your case it looks like all the xpaths are absolute.

To fix this, I would suggest stepping thru the node paths again:

1. Select the Node Path for the table

2. Then select the Node Path for each column, making sure to use the taskpane to double click on the field you want.

Hopefully this results in relative xpaths (for example my:Date).

You could also try to manually adjust the paths (i.e. remove my:TimeSheets/ from every column's path), but I try to discourage users from typing in the node paths, since one mistake there can lead to a mapping failure.

Good luck and let us know whether this addresses the issue. Thanks.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 07-18-2012 05:33 AM In reply to

Hi Ernesto,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. Your explanation is clear, and I suspect that in my haste to start working on my forms I overlooked that point in the documentation. I will step through the node paths again tonight and reply back here with my results.

Thanks again,
    Ken

• 07-18-2012 04:44 PM In reply to

Ernesto,

That was it... thanks again for your help Ernesto.

Ken

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.