Unsupported Expression - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Unsupported Expression

Last post 07-17-2012 08:12 AM by xtremeIX. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-11-2012 09:20 AM

Unsupported Expression

I have an InfoPath form that work perfectly against a web service in "Preview Mode" but, when I run the design checker and use the "Verify on Server" I get an error message that says, The following expression could not be parsed because of a syntax error or because it uses an undefined namespace prefix or unsupported function: translate(concat(floor((sum(xdMath:Eval(../dfs:dataFields/tns:retrieveTimesheetsResponse/tns:retrieveTimesheetsResult/q1:ts/q1:timeStop, 'substring-before(., ":")')) * 60 + sum(xdMath:Eval(../dfs:dataFields/tns:retrieveTimesheetsResponse/tns:retrieveTimesheetsResult/q1:ts/q1:timeStop, 'substring-after(., ":")')) - (sum(xdMath:Eval(../dfs:dataFields/tns:retrieveTimesheetsResponse/tns:retrieveTimesheetsResult/q1:ts/q1:timeStart, 'substring-before(., ":")')) * 60 + sum(xdMath:Eval(../dfs:dataFields/tns:retrieveTimesheetsResponse/tns:retrieveTimesheetsResult/q1:ts/q1:timeStart, 'substring-after(., ":")')))) div 60), format-number((sum(xdMath:Eval(../dfs:dataFields/tns:retrieveTimesheetsResponse/tns:retrieveTimesheetsResult/q1:ts/q1:timeStop, 'substring-before(., ":")')) * 60 + sum(xdMath:Eval(../dfs:dataFields/tns:retrieveTimesheetsResponse/tns:retrieveTimesheetsResult/q1:ts/q1:timeStop, 'substring-after(., ":")')) - (sum(xdMath:Eval(../dfs:dataFields/tns:retrieveTimesheetsResponse/tns:retrieveTimesheetsResult/q1:ts/q1:timeStart, 'substring-before(., ":")')) * 60 + sum(xdMath:Eval(../dfs:dataFields/tns:retrieveTimesheetsResponse/tns:retrieveTimesheetsResult/q1:ts/q1:timeStart, 'substring-after(., ":")')))) mod 60, ":00")), "aN", ""). Any ideas?
  • 07-13-2012 10:15 AM In reply to

Its likely that one of the functions is simply not supported on the server.  Try breaking down your formula to only include one function at a time then publish.  Keep adding functions until it breaks.  That will help narrow down that pesky function.  Good luck!
    Anson Hidajat
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 07-17-2012 08:12 AM In reply to

I'm surprised there isn't a list of functions not supported on the server available on the web anywhere (at least not that I've found).
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.