Pre-filled form acts terrible if people picker lookup fails - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Pre-filled form acts terrible if people picker lookup fails

Last post 08-30-2012 04:18 AM by JimmyBecks. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-21-2012 12:14 PM

Pre-filled form acts terrible if people picker lookup fails

Hi- I have a form for a helpdesk application that pre fills the 'customer(peoplepicker)' field and pre fills the 'customer's manager(peoplepicker) field'. I also have a text field that is hidden that has the default value set to AccountID of the customer field. I setup an additional rule on this field that whenever it changes, re query the user profile service with the newly provided account. This works wonderfully. The problem I have is when someone doesn't know the full user name. If you select 'Check Names' and it fails, the query fails giving one pop up menu saying the query failed and the additional red error message stating that : No exact match was found. Click the item(s) that did not resolve for more options. I would like to avoid this if possible. It also moves the cursor to the bottom of the form after clicking through the error message. Is there any way around this??? Any assistance is appreciated. Thank you, Jesse
  • 06-21-2012 02:18 PM In reply to

Re: Pre-filled form acts terrible if people picker lookup fails

Is there some condition I could use on the people picker field to not query for data unless a person is actually resolved from UPS? Thanks
  • 08-30-2012 04:18 AM In reply to

Re: Pre-filled form acts terrible if people picker lookup fails

I was having the same issue, running a query using the contents of a people picker. It was throwing an error if the name wasn't resolved as the web service I was using couldn't find a user with the unresolved name. I got round this by only running the query when the "Account Type" was not blank as I believe this only gets populated when the item is resolved. Haven't fully tested this theory yet, but it might help.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.