Multiple difficulties in posting - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Multiple difficulties in posting

Last post 06-18-2012 06:35 AM by ErnestoM. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-15-2012 10:06 PM

Multiple difficulties in posting

First, I am able to post only in Internet Explorer. Mine is 8.0.6001 version

From other browsers (Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera) the post, upon submission,  looses any formatting and is rendered as a single line.

Though, even in IE the editing buttons do not work.

I found workaround:I 
    format my post in external editors and then copy&paste.

Today, I even cannot quote the post to which I am replying getting:

Line: 1
      Char: 119380
    • etc.

Even without quoting I need to relaunch IE few times b/c, after having multiple errors, the post body ( under  "Message" and editor buttons) is grayed out and does not except any input

Now when I relaunch IE, I need to re-enter my "Sign in name" and password though, each time, though I am always checking in the:

•  Next time automatically sign me in" and the cookies are enabled in my browsers. 

Gennady Vanin (Novosibirsk) --- Геннадий Ванин (Новосибирск)
  • 06-18-2012 06:35 AM In reply to

Re: Multiple difficulties in posting

I'm sorry to hear you've run into these issues.

I post in the forum using Mozilla Firefox and haven't run into issues. I'm using Firefox 13.0.1. I've also verified that I don't have issues on IE 9.

I would check whether the browsers have the latest updates. The error for quoting seems like a script error, so maybe some scripts are not executing in your browser?

Note that editing in external editors and pasting will add tags to the post which will make it unreadable. MS Word, for example, adds a lot of extraneous tags that are not read well by the WYSIWYG editor for this forum.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.