Any way of Auto Transferring InfoPath forms from SharePoint to a local drive? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Any way of Auto Transferring InfoPath forms from SharePoint to a local drive?

Last post 05-03-2012 07:54 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-02-2012 03:24 AM

• Verlal
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 01-16-2012
    • Verlander
    • Posts 5

Any way of Auto Transferring InfoPath forms from SharePoint to a local drive?

Hi,

I have developed an InfoPath form that serves multiple functions and have SharePoint workflows that autofile the forms dependant on choices made in the form in various document libraries.

Once all works have been completed, the forms are 'Archived' which currently moves the forms to an Archive library and I have to periodically manually move these archived forms onto a local drive to avoid size issues with the SharePoint library.

Are there any rules or workflows I can utilise in InfoPath or SharePoint that will automatically transfer the forms to a drive as opposed to a SharePoint library? I can auto delete the current forms, so basically just need a way to save rather than transfer a copy onto the drive if this is easier.

Thanks in advance to anybody that can save me hours of work every month!!!

Luke

• 05-02-2012 09:45 PM In reply to

Re: Any way of Auto Transferring InfoPath forms from SharePoint to a local drive?

Hi Luke,

I'm not sure if this can be done using workflows. There is an action in SharePoint workflow "Send Document to Repository" but I don't know if that supports local drive.

Qdabra has a tool called qRules which has a command called "SaveToPath" that lets you save InfoPath forms to a local drive. But it's not browser-compatible at the moment and requires full trust.

Jo-Anne

Jo-Anne Alfafara
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™
  • 05-03-2012 07:33 AM In reply to

• Verlal
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 01-16-2012
    • Verlander
    • Posts 5

Re: Any way of Auto Transferring InfoPath forms from SharePoint to a local drive?

Hi Jo-Anne

Thanks for your quick reply.

I was really hoping that somebody was going to start the response with ' simple - you just...'!! oh well, back to the hard slog of manual archiving then!

thanks again,

Luke

• 05-03-2012 07:54 AM In reply to

Here's a link I found that talks about a utility for this - I've not tried it, and not really even read it, but it may be something that would help you.

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.