Submitting to a secondary SharePoint list from a customised SharePoint list form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Submitting to a secondary SharePoint list from a customised SharePoint list form

Last post 01-25-2017 07:41 AM by Vishnu Jalagam. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-02-2012 02:08 AM

Submitting to a secondary SharePoint list from a customised SharePoint list form

Hi all, I have recently been trying to submit some data from one SharePoint list form to a secondary SharePoint list to simulate repeating tables (which I know you can't have in SharePoint list forms due to all fields needing to be bound to a SharePoint field). This being the case I have followed a number of tutorials (such as http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc162745) and they are great except they all rely on some C# at the end to push the data into the list, which I cannot use on a SharePoint list form as the developer tabs are disabled. Currently without this code on submit the list item is created in the secondary list but is blank. Does anyone know if it is possible to submit to a secondary list from a SharePoint list form (i.e. without using code). Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated, or even a definitive no would be great so I can start approaching different routes. Thanks
  • 05-02-2012 02:35 AM In reply to

Re: Submitting to a secondary SharePoint list from a customised SharePoint list form

Hi Jimmy,

You can use a submit data connection to submit XML to a Web service but you will have to concatenate the string to create the XML.

Why not just use a full-fledged InfoPath XML form? The list forms are not meant for most forms. They are just for simple 10-20 field forms with no repeaters.

It's easy to do the copy and submit using our qRules common library, but that is indeed code. Good news is that you don't have to write it and you can use the library in all of your forms.

More later,

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 05-02-2012 02:45 AM In reply to

Re: Submitting to a secondary SharePoint list from a customised SharePoint list form

Hi Patrick, Thanks for your reply. I am trying to use a list form for security reasons, as storing the form in a form library means storing the xml. Unfortunately I am also restricted from using code. Can you explaing what you meant when you said:
    Patrick Halstead:

You can use a submit data connection to submit XML to a Web service but you will have to concatenate the string to create the XML.

I just need a way of getting my secondary list to save the data, it is creating the item but a blank one.
  • 05-02-2012 03:23 AM In reply to

This seems to be bang on the money! Now I just need a way of showing certain fields in certain places.

http://www.infopathdev.com/blogs/matt/archive/2006/02/02/Add-SharePoint-List-Items-with-InfoPath.aspx
  • 01-25-2017 07:41 AM In reply to

Hi Jimmy, I am trying to achieve exactly same functionality. Were you able to do that ?? , please let me know steps. Also, I am trying to submit data to SharePoint online. Thanks, Vishnu.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.