Digital Certificate Renewal Procedure - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Digital Certificate Renewal Procedure

Last post 03-16-2006 07:49 AM by johngidd. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-16-2006 07:49 AM

Digital Certificate Renewal Procedure

Given a situation where a deployed form is signed with a digital certificate which is also installed/deployed to the workstations where said form is invoked, is there a means to renew a certificate such that the deployed form will not require "update" to function with the new certificate.

I am not responsible for registration of certificates at my current and do not claim to know much about the certificates in general.

After a recent update to a certficate used to deploy the infopath forms at this location, I noticed that forms originally signed using the older certificate now required physical intervention to update the signed certificate through the infopath designer.

If you renew a certificate with the original key(which I believe is an optional selection during renewal) should the forms signed with the old certificate not work with the new certificate when deployed to the workstations?

Ignorant of the certificate registration process, I am just curious if anyone can confirm that its simply a "procedureal" issue with how the certificates are renewed, but the renewal should allow old signed infopath forms to continue functioning I would think.

Provided that this seems reasonable and others can confirm that this is a certificate renewal issue, I will have those responsible for the certificates at this location review the process in greater detail. Just making sure I'm not sending them on a bogus task, but seems to me something was missed in the certificate renewal perhaps.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.