QRules evaluation - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

QRules evaluation

Last post 04-26-2012 02:43 AM by TerryB. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-16-2012 06:16 AM

QRules evaluation

Hi, I'm currently evaluating Qrules v 4.1 and have a query.

I have injected QRules into an IP2010 form hosted in SP2010 the rules I've tried seem to work ok, however, the Result, Success and Error fields don't show anything and remain blank throughout. Additionally, the QdabraRules (Secondary) values that are marked witha red star (required) don't show with red star as it states in the documentation! I've also added the Command field to the form which also doesn't show anything, but I'm guessing that it gets cleared out as soon as the action is done? 

I have double checked the inject and done it twice, but can't get the R,S & E fields to display.

Thanks, Terry

Filed under: , ,
  • 04-16-2012 06:47 AM In reply to

That seems odd. Could you attach the form via the Options tab so we can take a look?

Thanks.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 04-17-2012 10:47 AM In reply to

The error field displays a value, now that I've made it try and move to a none existant field. Thanks.
  • 04-20-2012 06:14 AM In reply to

Hi Terry,

I'm not sure I understand the issue. The form (using SetFocus) seems to work as expected. That command doesn't make use of Result. What if you try another command? Can you explain the issue?

Thanks.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 04-20-2012 11:22 AM In reply to

Shouldn't the success field return true of false after the event? Additionally, as stated the fields in the secondary data source are not shown with a red star as in the documentation.
  • 04-20-2012 12:26 PM In reply to

Is there any chance you manually walked through the QdabraRules data connection in the InfoPath UI? That can change the schema. If you inject a new, blank form, does the schema appear as you expect? Can you inject a new, blank form and, if the schema is not as you'd expect, attach the template here under the options tab?

Hilary Stoupa

• 04-26-2012 02:43 AM In reply to

Well I'm not sure what exactly has happened, but it's now working correctly - my recolection is that nothing has changed. Having said that I'm trying it on a corporate laptop which is getting constant central updates so maybe I can put it down to that!

thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.