Audience Targeting - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Audience Targeting

Last post 03-28-2012 07:38 PM by Jo-Anne Alfafara. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-21-2012 10:48 AM

Audience Targeting

Can you do any audience targeting in InfoPath forms? I have a list that I am designing with InfoPath and I have a field I don't want changed by people filling out the form.

• 03-21-2012 05:36 PM In reply to

Hello and welcome to our forums!

I just did a quick search and found this:

http://www.infopathdev.com/forums/p/12576/44410.aspx#44410

You can find lots of content in this site about restricting InfoPath forms - try searching and browsing in the forums.

Jo-Anne Alfafara
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™
  • 03-22-2012 12:42 AM In reply to

If that field is required to be read-only, you can do that simply by clicking read only property in the property of the control. Incase you want field to be edited by few persons you should create data source in the form and get the datasources filled by attaching them to the dataconnection. You can use 'GetUserProfilebyName' webservice to fetch the names of the people who can edit the field. Now you just require to put conditional formatting on the field, that would read as if 'login user is not equal to datasource1 and login user is not equal to datasource2 .....' then disble the field.

Let me know fi you have some questions or concerns.

Vishal Srivastava
    Senior Software Engineer
    SDG Software Pvt Ltd
  • 03-22-2012 05:03 AM In reply to

Princevis,this sounds exactly like what I am looking for. Did connecting to a web service change in InfoPath 2010? I put in the following for my SOAP and it comes back invalid. http://host/_vti_bin/GetUserProfileByName.asmx?WSDL

Or did I type this wrong?

• 03-22-2012 11:40 AM In reply to

Its not wrong. But if you are publishing infopath form to a subsite xyz inside sitecollection abc then your webservice url should be something like this http://../sites/abc/xyz/_vti_bin/GetUserProfileByName.asmx?WSDL

Try this and let me know if it doesn't work for you still.

Vishal Srivastava
    Senior Software Engineer
    SDG Software Pvt Ltd
  • 03-23-2012 10:18 AM In reply to

This still isn't working. Maybe something is configured wrong on the server.

The file is not a valid XML file.
    The file cannot be accessed.

• 03-23-2012 10:37 AM In reply to

I may have misunderstood. This path works for me. /_vti_bin/UserProfileService.asmx?WSDL Then I select GetUserProfileByName.

I'm still working out the condition. If I get this to work I will report back.

• 03-23-2012 10:49 AM In reply to

I just got this figure out. I didn't end up using the data source. I created a field called "Current Logged on User" and set the value to userName(). I then went to my control that I want to hide and applied the conditional format  to say that "Current Logged on User" is not equal to "username"

If anyone reading this doesn't want the extra field just add another conditional format to say if field is not blank "Hide"

Thanks for your help.

• 03-28-2012 07:38 PM In reply to

Hello - Thank you for posting your solution. I'm glad you figured it out!
    Jo-Anne Alfafara
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.