multiple selection list box infopath - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

multiple selection list box infopath

Last post 03-21-2012 05:50 AM by Dafydd. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-21-2012 05:07 AM

multiple selection list box infopath

Hi,

I have a InfoPath form SharePoint list which is (online directory of employment schemes) Some of the schemes fall under 1 or more type categories (disabled volunteering training etc.) So I want to use a multiple selection list box so that the users can select (tick the boxes) for the different type categories from the multi select list box. When the user selects the choices I want those choices to go into their respective categories in the SharePoint list whilst only populating the list once. Is it possible to achieve this....? 

Many thanks Dafydd

• 03-21-2012 05:29 AM In reply to

Re: multiple selection list box infopath

Multiple select list box is not possible in browser based forms. What you can have is repeating section with dropdown control. And dropdown bind to dataconnection from which data has to be fetched. If you have static values you can use check box else you can use dropdown values.

Once this is done, open form options -> property promotion and select the dropdown or checkbox inside repeating table. From the dropdown in function select merge. All the selected values in dropdown or checked checkboxes values will get populated as the form library column.

Let me know if you have some question or concerns.

Vishal Srivastava
    Senior Software Engineer
    SDG Software Pvt Ltd
  • 03-21-2012 05:50 AM In reply to

Re: multiple selection list box infopath

Were is this form options -> property promotion ?

Can this be done from within Sharepoint on Office 365 ? or does it have to be within Infopath?

regards,

Dafydd

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.