Submit Infopath form to different views within Sharepoint - based on a drop-down box value - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Submit Infopath form to different views within Sharepoint - based on a drop-down box value

Last post 02-23-2012 01:06 AM by CarolineRafferty. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-22-2012 08:13 AM

Submit Infopath form to different views within Sharepoint - based on a drop-down box value

Hello

Can anyone help me please.  I have an Infopath form designed for bookings - There are two different types of bookings based on the item selected within the dropdown.

The bookings are then sent to a document library within Sharepoint - the default view of the document library is a calendar and I can send items to this view no problem.  However, I cannot send the second type of booking to a separate calendar view, I am receiving the following error;

InfoPath cannot submit the form.
    An error occurred while the form was being submitted.

The form cannot be submitted to the following location:

The site may be offline, read-only, or otherwise unavailable.
    The thread is already in background processing mode.

My question is, can you specify which view to send information to within the sharepoint library, or can you only specify the library, not the view?

Thanks

Caroline

• 02-22-2012 08:17 AM In reply to

Re: Submit Infopath form to different views within Sharepoint - based on a drop-down box value

Hi - data doesn't get submitted to a view (which is just another way to look at the data in a library) but to a library iteself.

Hilary Stoupa

• 02-23-2012 01:06 AM In reply to

Re: Submit Infopath form to different views within Sharepoint - based on a drop-down box value

Thanks Hilary, I will just have to create another library for the second type of booking - this seems the easiest way around it.

Thanks very much for your help, I spent a LONG time googling this yesterday!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.