Save into one XML file - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Save into one XML file

Last post 02-22-2006 02:42 AM by Shanthi Reddy. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-19-2006 07:03 PM

Save into one XML file

Dear Experts,

I have a form and this form should be filled out by several people, let say 10 people...and finally all data are stored into one XML file...My question is, how should I do in order the 10 people save the data in ONE file of XML please..???

Is there any tutorial to show how to do this..???...OR a walktrough please..???

Thanks very much for your kind helps..

• 02-20-2006 03:09 AM In reply to

Hi,
    What is the purpose that you want all of the people to enter data in one view?

You can do this if your users do not edit the form at the same time.
    Your Schema should be built in the right way to do this. Probably have a repeating section, this repeating section will have a field called username. So when a user logs in you will filter the repeating section in such a way that only the section to which he is owner of is visible to him.

Agni
    INFOPATHdev India
  • 02-21-2006 04:42 PM In reply to

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. What I am trying to achieve is, suppose 10 people fill out the survey form let say it called "Customer Satisfaction Survey" (created by InfoPath 2003) and then after 10 people fill out the form, then I can grab all 10 results and open it with Ms Excel to see the final result as a chart/graph...

How to do this please..??..Or, is there any other ways to get this job done please..??

Thank you for your kind assistance...
  • 02-22-2006 12:38 AM In reply to

Hi,

You can find a way here with VSTO 2005:

http://www.devx.com/OfficeProDev/Article/28346

Infopath 2007, Langage: C#2.0 (Modèle Objet 2003)
    merci de lire ceci
  • 02-22-2006 02:42 AM In reply to

You don't need to have all the data in one xml file to pull all of it into Excel. Open one of the xml file and Click on File -> Export To -> Microsoft Office Excel. Now in the wizard that comes up select all the fields that you want to export out. Once the fields to Export out are selected, you will be asked if you want to export data in this file only or from multiple files. At this stage add all of the other 9 files that you want to export from and complete the wizard process. Now data from all 10 files is in Excel and you can create a chart based on this data.

Hope this helps!

Shanthi
    InfoPath Dev India
    Shanthi Reddy
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.