SubmittoSharepointList and Office365 - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

SubmittoSharepointList and Office365

Last post 02-07-2012 09:08 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-07-2012 06:39 AM

• skiptheb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-07-2012
    • Vienna Austria
    • Posts 3

SubmittoSharepointList and Office365

Hi!

I am not new to IP2010. or SP2010. or to Office 365.

I am new to qrules. I found this as a solution to a client needing the ability to submit repeating tables in a form to a seperate Sharepoint list for analysis. Found qRules and thought was the ticket!!

First I must say the documentation is some of the worst I have ever seen. I purchased version 4.0 this week and trying to figure out how to get to the new Mapping Tool was silly, but, in any case, I found the tool and started it.

But, when I enter my Office 365 site (https://solflexgmbh.sharepoint.com) into the target site field and click Get SharePoint Lists, I get an error message

"Error occurred in function BtnGetSharepointLists_Clicked(). Details: Server unable to process request. Access is denied."

Anybody know what I am doing wrong? Or when the sales literature says "Office 365 capable" since version x.x does it not mean FULLY CAPABLE, Just sortof???

Thanks for any help.

Steve Bruce

• 02-07-2012 08:37 AM In reply to

Re: SubmittoSharepointList and Office365

Hi -

I'm sorry you've had trouble with qRules and with the documentation.

I'm checking with our test team - we may not have tested the mapping tool with Office 365. I'll see if I have access to an Office 365 site so I can look for a fix.

Hilary Stoupa

• 02-07-2012 09:00 AM In reply to

• skiptheb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-07-2012
    • Vienna Austria
    • Posts 3

Thanks so much for the quick response. Nerd that I am I think I have actually solved my problem by editing the mapping tool xsn and hardcoding the value of the Office365 site....voila, it works!

steve

• 02-07-2012 09:08 AM In reply to

Oooh, good work on being a nerd... but you are right, we need to find and address the issue here.

Steve, if you can, when you have a minute, could you let us know where our documentation let you down? I know it is complex (there are a lot of moving parts here) and I know that things are a bit scattered about - but as you might imagine, we've all read these things so many times we have a bunch of blind spots. I don't want us to be making qRules harder to use because of difficult or poor documentation.

Feel free to email me via the forum on this - again, just if you have time, but we'd love the chance to improve.

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.