Checkbox in Repeating Table - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Checkbox in Repeating Table

Last post 02-07-2012 08:30 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-06-2012 12:29 PM

Checkbox in Repeating Table

Hi there, 

I have a repeating table that is linked to a Secondary Data Source (sharepoint list via BCS).

I need a checkbox so that i can select a certain row. 

I have set up a boolean field (locally) and i have got the checkboxes, but when i click one they all tick. 

I need a solution where only one ticks and then find that tick and then click a button to show my infomation on the column i have ticked. 

I am having a real hard time trying to figure this out, any help would be splendid.. 

• 02-06-2012 12:44 PM In reply to

Re: Checkbox in Repeating Table

Hi - the field bound to the checkbox will have to be in the same data source as the other information to work correctly - that is, the SharePoint list. Do you have any fields in that list that you aren't currently displaying in the form?

If so, you could bind a checkbox control to that. You'd have to add additional rules to allow for only one checkbox being selected, however.

Hilary Stoupa

• 02-06-2012 12:49 PM In reply to

Hey Hilary,

Err I dont have a boolean field in my sharepoint list that is free. but i guess i could add a field in the SQL and add that to the BCS and stream it in from there, will that only allow one tick ? If not what rules would i need to add ? 

Also how can I tell infopath that THATS the certain row that has been selected ? 

btw many thanks for getting back to me so quickly. 

Jason 

• 02-06-2012 01:03 PM In reply to

Well, the thing is - it wouldn't have to be boolean. You can just add the field to your repeating table, and it adds a text box or whatever, and you can right click that control and change the control to the text box.

Like I said - the issue is that the user will be able to select multiple, so you'll need to add some rules that will prevent that. But if only one was selected, your XPath to select the row that has the checkbox selected would use a filter like [my:field1 = 'yes'] for example.

Hilary Stoupa

• 02-07-2012 01:34 AM In reply to

Hi,

I have sucessfully got the check box working individually.... so you can only click one.. 

I have a button on my form which is pressed when a select is made - so another screen will display with more details about the column you have selected - but how do I do that.. I need the button to find the row you have selected and find the key for that table.

Any information would be great, I am a begineer on Infopath. 

Jason 

• 02-07-2012 08:30 AM In reply to

Well - are the "more details" already part of the secondary data connection? You could just add another repeating table / section bound to the secondary data source and use conditional formatting to show only the row where the checkbox is selected...

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.