Limiting characters in a text field - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Limiting characters in a text field

Last post 01-16-2012 09:22 AM by Anson Hidajat. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-12-2012 06:48 AM

Limiting characters in a text field

Hi,

Its been a while and I'm working again with InfoPath 2007, but can someone tell/remind me if there is a way to limit the number of allowed characters in a text field at all, without it resulting in being an administrator approved form? I'm passing the fields through a SharePoint workflow email and in the past the fields have been truncated after a certain length of data.

Many Thanks,

Jason.

• 01-12-2012 10:49 AM In reply to

Re: Limiting characters in a text field

Hi Jason,

You can limit the characters in a text box control.  Go to control properties and under the Display tab you'll find the right property to set.

Anson Hidajat
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 01-16-2012 06:30 AM In reply to

Hi Anson,

Thanks for the response - I think the reason I didn't know about it before was because it doesn't appear compatible with a browser enabled form - it's greyed out. Any other way of controlling this at all, do you know?

Jason.

• 01-16-2012 09:22 AM In reply to

Are you using 2007?  Character limits on text boxes are supported in 2010 browser forms, but may not be in 2007 (I don't remember exactly).  If that is the case the only way I can think of to control the length is to open up the XSL itself and manually enter your own max-length.
    Anson Hidajat
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.