Automate design tasks? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Automate design tasks?

Last post 12-19-2011 04:57 PM by ChrisR. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-19-2011 04:48 PM

• ChrisR
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-19-2011
    • Posts 4

Automate design tasks?

Hi everyone,

This my first post on the forum.

I'm currently developing a form template for a client which has quite a complex system of conditional formatting with approx 50 text fields.The problem is that the number of text fields in the form is going to have to grow as time goes on. They'll need to be created in large groups all at once, but with fairly predictable naming. Since my client is going to be doing this themselves, I need to present them with a fairly easy way to add new fields. Adding 20 new fields for example and incorporating them into the conditional formatting system I have is too much than they'll be able to deal with manually.

What I really want is a way to automate the steps in creating these new fields for someone updating a form template. Ideally, The client will enter a string, "foo" for instance, and then 20 new fields, labelled "foo1" through "foo20" are created, and all the proper formatting within the form is applied to them. Is this at all doable? If anyone would like me to explain further my problem, please let me know. I'm still figuring out how to talk about this, let alone pull it off. Thanks, Chris

• 12-19-2011 04:57 PM In reply to

• ChrisR
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-19-2011
    • Posts 4

Hi Everyone, Sorry for the horrible formatting. The forum has saw fit to delete all of my line breaks and carriage returns and turn my post into a giant ugly paragraph. I'll see if I get better luck with another browser(using Chrome).

Fixed.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.