AD GetMembersOfGroup Error. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

AD GetMembersOfGroup Error.

Last post 12-13-2012 05:19 AM by ErnestoM. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-08-2011 11:21 AM

• drewified
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-28-2011
    • Sacramento, CA
    • Posts 13

AD GetMembersOfGroup Error.

This should be simple enough. Unfortuntely I am getting the following error when I attempt to follow the tutorial for GetMembersOfGroup:

The query cannot be run for the following DataObject: GetMembersOfGroup
    InfoPath cannot run the specified query.
    The SOAP response indicates that an error occurred:

Server was unable to read request. ---> There is an error in XML document (1, 457). ---> Input string was not in a correct format.

• 12-08-2011 11:41 AM In reply to

Re: AD GetMembersOfGroup Error.

Hi,

This error usually indicates that some badly formed xml was passed to the web service. Can you check the value being passed into GetMembersOfGroup?

Another thing to check is whether the same error happen with other groups.

Let us know if the advice above helps. Thanks.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 12-07-2012 05:55 AM In reply to

I am also testing this following the test setup in the user guide for the qdabra adws. I get the exact same error. It is also not returning any data for 'getgroupsforuser'. The standard userprofile service getcommonmemberships is working fine however.
  • 12-07-2012 06:16 AM In reply to

Hi,

GetGroupsForUser requires providing a username and returns a list of groups, from Active Directory.

Are you setting the username before calling GetGroupsForUser?

If you'd like to, create a simple test form and attach it via the Options tab. We can check what's going on.

Thanks.

Ernesto Machado
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 12-07-2012 06:30 AM In reply to

No, I missed that part in the setup instructions. I have added a value there and it is working correctly. Still have the other error with the getmembersofgroup however. I just now figured something out. If I add a max value I don't get the error about the improperly formatted xml, however it still doesn't return any information.
  • 12-07-2012 11:00 AM In reply to

Ok, I have that working. Now how do I use the returned information to populate into a dropdown list since I can't set the value of the list to that node.
  • 12-13-2012 05:19 AM In reply to

You can right click on a dropdown, and change its Properties. In the Properties dialog you can configure the dropdown to obtain its options from a secondary data source.
    Ernesto Machado

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.