text box control field width being set to 100% automatically - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

text box control field width being set to 100% automatically

Last post 02-25-2014 05:07 PM by jaxkookie. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-18-2011 07:41 AM

text box control field width being set to 100% automatically

I have a text box control that was created in InfoPath 2007 with the width set to 40 pixels on the Size tab.  I am now using InfoPath 2010 and this field's width was automatically changed to 100%.  This messed up the display on my form by expanding the field but when I try to change it back to a fixed width, InfoPath is automatically reseting the width to 100%.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! 

• 11-18-2011 07:59 AM In reply to

Re: text box control field width being set to 100% automatically

occaisonally InfoPath has to be beaten into submission. depending what i am working on and the last time I rebooted I can receive a multitude or issues. Still all in all you can find a better product without developing it. It may not be fun or easy, but IP allows to click a field. this displays about 8 square dots, that allow for resizing/ select the dots on the right and shrinkl your field. this shouyld change the % to px. if this all fails, split the cells to the size you need, then hide the borders. nothing like a table to organize your data.

Kind regards,
    Larry
  • 02-25-2014 04:49 PM In reply to

• Shawn Webb
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-14-2013
    • Salt Lake City, UT
    • Posts 2

I have this same problem with some of my text boxes.  I've tried dragging the dots on the field and it is still not permanent.  That's why I came here looking for a differnt solution.  Any other suggestions?

It seems like to me InfoPath is trying to beat me into submission.  I'll tell you this, they are close to it.

Shawn Webb
    United Healtcare Six Sigma Black Belt
  • 02-25-2014 05:07 PM In reply to

If you're not using a table layout where you can split cells i would suggest saving your work and closing down IP. I have had issues in the past where my form would not update after publish. I actually rebuilt an entire form only to run into the same problem. By closing IP and rebooting my machine i was able to resolve the issue. If this all fails i would try to create a simple test form with some of your existing fields and see if you run into the same problem. You can also try to access the template from or on another machine. Find out if it's you or IP.
    Kind regards,
    Larry
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.