Hiding Option Buttons - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Hiding Option Buttons

Last post 11-02-2011 09:22 AM by Lockdown. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-01-2011 12:41 PM

• texaminn
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-13-2011
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Posts 12

Hiding Option Buttons

I have the following evaluation form I am working with.  At the top of the form, I have a drop down menu where you choose how many people are evaluating the person...1,2, or 3.  I would like the option buttons for evaluator 2 and 3 to only show up when 2 or 3 is chosen in the drop down menu.  When setting a new formatting rule for those option buttons, the "Hide this control" option is disabled.  Only "Disable this control" is an option.

Yes, I know I can put in a section control and just hide the section.  But as you can see, the option buttons are pretty close together.  The section control will not shrink down small enough in order to get all 3 options in a line. 

InfoPath Questions

Any help would be appreciated.

• 11-02-2011 03:14 AM In reply to

Hi,

Yes, you have to put the controls into a section and do a conditional formatting on this section.

Just separate the radio button by an <ENTER> and it will do what you want...

Rémi MATAYRON / MVP InfoPath
    Visit my blog : Infopath Blog
  • 11-02-2011 06:32 AM In reply to

• texaminn
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-13-2011
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Posts 12

But then that hides the entire section.  I don't want to do that.  If 2 evaluators are chosen, I want 2 option buttons to show up.  If 3 evaluators are chosen, I want 3 option buttons to show up.  By putting all 3 buttons in the section and doing a conditional formatting on the section, that hides/shows the entire section, not individual option buttons.

• 11-02-2011 09:01 AM In reply to

I threw each row into a section so you can hide certain ones conditionally. I'm attaching an example of this.

• 11-02-2011 09:06 AM In reply to

Hi,

Why don't you only desactivate the control conditionnally instead of hide him?

Rémi MATAYRON / MVP InfoPath
    Visit my blog : Infopath Blog
  • 11-02-2011 09:09 AM In reply to

• texaminn
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-13-2011
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Posts 12

Lockdown....thanks, that's what I'm looking for.  The thing is, I had thought of that, but I could not get the section to extend past the first cell (Outperforming) and continue down the entire row.  Do you have the columns built within the section?

Remi,

Yes, I thought of that as well.  I just didn't want the third button there if there were only 2 evaluators.  Just to make the form look better.

• 11-02-2011 09:14 AM In reply to

Ya the columns are built inside the section so you have to adjust them manually but it wasn't too tough. The only think that could be tough is numbering the rows. You also have to clear all padding and margins for the cell that contains the sections as well as remove the border on the section. And set those margins to zero too.

• 11-02-2011 09:19 AM In reply to

• texaminn
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-13-2011
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Posts 12

hahaha...what a pain in the ass.  But it does what I want it to.  Thanks for your help.

• 11-02-2011 09:22 AM In reply to

Haha ya, just do it once and then copy each section and change the binding of the option buttons afterward. That's probably the easiest way to do it.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.