New User Unable to Retrieve Secondary Data - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

New User Unable to Retrieve Secondary Data

Last post 10-24-2011 01:00 PM by vriyer. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-24-2011 10:08 AM

• vriyer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-14-2010
    • Posts 6

New User Unable to Retrieve Secondary Data

Hi We have a Infopath template with secondary data pulled into the form from a SP Data Connection Library site. All the current users can retrieve the data from the Secondary files (through UCDX) upon clicking a button.. I have a new hire who is set up with the same SP privilege (Full Access) and for that user, when the button is clicked, gets the pop up saying "Downloading Data Connection Settings" and after a while, the expected result is data displayed on the form - where as for this user alone, the data is not refreshed. I have validated other aspects from SP side.. The only difference I could see is that the new user doesn't have Local PC Admin rights... Not sure if that is the issue (since other users on my team doesn't have Local Admin Access on their PC and the form still works ie pulls the data from the secondary source).. Any pointers will be appreciated.. Thanks
  • 10-24-2011 12:22 PM In reply to

Re: New User Unable to Retrieve Secondary Data

Hi,

Have you approve your UDCX file?

An admin must approve an UDCX file in order that an user could access data.

In the menu of the UDCX, click on Approve/Decline tab.

Hope this help.

RĂ©mi MATAYRON / MVP InfoPath
    Visit my blog : Infopath Blog
  • 10-24-2011 01:00 PM In reply to

• vriyer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-14-2010
    • Posts 6

Re: New User Unable to Retrieve Secondary Data

Thanks for the update.. That did work... I approved the XML file that is pointed in the UCDX and it was able to refresh.. Why it should act up for the new user, when our current users are able to pull the data even when the XML files are in Pending status? The issue was resolved, wanted to understand the mechanics behind the scenes...
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.