The form has validation errors and the submit data connection cannot execute. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

The form has validation errors and the submit data connection cannot execute.

Last post 09-26-2012 02:43 PM by DC Forms. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-21-2011 01:29 AM

• djasp
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-01-2011
    • NL
    • Posts 12

The form has validation errors and the submit data connection cannot execute.

i have been working with a form build for some weeks now.

and suddenly one of my submit button does nothing anymore.

I really don't understand. The qrules error message is: The form has validation errors and the submit data connection cannot execute.

Other sumbit buttons in the same form work but thit one doesn't.

I've tryed reinjecting qrules. Maybe (i don't know anymore) i've changed the form from 2007 form filler to 2007 web and back.

I have validation errors with the AddAttachment and DeleteAttachment data connections but they work fine.

Can anyone please help me out.

Thank you.

Filed under:
  • 10-21-2011 07:58 AM In reply to

Re: The form has validation errors and the submit data connection cannot execute.

What other rules are on this submit button? How does it differ between the other submit buttons? What qRules command are you running?

Hilary Stoupa

• 10-21-2011 01:09 PM In reply to

• djasp
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-01-2011
    • NL
    • Posts 12

Re: The form has validation errors and the submit data connection cannot execute.

I used submit to sharepoint list for all. I think it has something to do with the second submit because there was a error because my mapping had a attachment field in it. So qrules does not submit when others have that error. I dont have fixed it yet. Any ideas?
  • 10-21-2011 02:00 PM In reply to

Do you mind telling me the command you are using?

EDIT: The specific syntax, that is... sorry, I understand from your post that use are using SubmitToSharePoint list. Are you clearing the attachment field on submit? Does the attachment field allow blanks?

Hilary Stoupa

• 10-24-2011 12:13 PM In reply to

• djasp
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-01-2011
    • NL
    • Posts 12

Hi,
    yes i used : "SubmitToSharePointList /submit=ShPSubmit /mapping=mapping1 /id=my:id"
    and in the same form more of them.
    I think i don't clear the attachment field. I don't know how to do that. And yes the attachment field allows blanks.

• 10-24-2011 12:28 PM In reply to

Hmmm. Well, if you'd like me to take a quick look, and see if I can see what's going wrong, can you attach your template to a reply? Under the Options tab. If you can't due to size or security, you can email it to support AT qdabra DOT com

Hilary Stoupa

• 11-04-2011 08:14 AM In reply to

• djasp
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-01-2011
    • NL
    • Posts 12

eventually it was a combination of mapping and fields that needed to be fillen(althought they were not used in this particular submit)

thank you

• 09-26-2012 02:43 PM In reply to

• DC Forms
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-14-2012
    • Washington, DC
    • Posts 76

djasp,

I am encountering a similar problem to that which you described. Can you elaborate on what was your solution with the mapping?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.