Rules with ScreenTips and Dialog Boxes question - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Rules with ScreenTips and Dialog Boxes question

Last post 10-23-2011 01:39 PM by Rémi MATAYRON. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-20-2011 11:27 AM

Rules with ScreenTips and Dialog Boxes question

Hi, I have a problem I need to resolve.  I have created a form with an Employee Type listbox field.  In this listbox, I have:

• Regular employee
    • Contractor
    • Co-Op Student
    • External Auditor

When someone who is filling out the completed form selects "Contractor" from the pull-down list, I would like to have a pop-up dialog box that says, "Contractors are required to sign a Conditions of Use form".  I've successfully created the Rule that does this using a Validation condition, but selecting Contractor on the form makes that field a "required" field with red dashes around it, and I am unable to submit the form unless there is a value, yet there is a value to this field.  The value is "Contractor".

Is there a way to make this just a notification only without making the field a required field?  It's strictly for informational purposes only.  Once the user sees the pop-up dialog box, they can just hit "OK" and continue.

I'm pulling my hair out on this one...what's left of it.  :)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Dan

• 10-23-2011 01:39 PM In reply to

Re: Rules with ScreenTips and Dialog Boxes question

Hi, what version of InfoPath are you using? InfoPath Form Services (web version) or the InfoPath client. Version 2007 or 2010?

If you are using InfoPath client, you can add a rule on the dropdown.

There is a rule called "Show message" that allows you to display a popup message as you want. And you can put that you want to display this pop-up only when the value selected is "Contractor".

If you are using InfoPath Form Services, this method doesn't exist. The only way is to use custom code.

Hope this helps.

RĂ©mi MATAYRON / MVP InfoPath
    Visit my blog : Infopath Blog
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.