Saving to a Folder instead of SharePoint - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Saving to a Folder instead of SharePoint

Last post 09-26-2011 11:01 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-26-2011 07:44 AM

Saving to a Folder instead of SharePoint

I have been working with the qdabra Save to SharePoint feature and was wondering if there is a way to use the same concept and tools to save to a network folder instead of to a SharePoint Library?

Some background information: Basically we have an InfoPath form that we use to set up new part numbers and we attach the drawing to the form for reference purposes. The drawing then has to also reside in a particular folder on our network for some other uses.  Over time the attachments have slowed down the performance of the forms so we started using qdabra's Save to SharePoint feature to shrink the forms and help with performance. Users now have to attach the file to the form, which saves it to SharePoint, then also save the drawing in the network folder. So we are storing 2 copies of all drawings (one on SharePoint and one in the network folder).

I know you can create a link in InfoPath that can open the drawing from the network file if it is already saved there, however it relies alittle to much on the user to enter information accuritly, and to save the drawing in that particular location with a certain name type. I like how user friendly the Save to SharePoint feature is, and hope it is possible to take the same steps and make it save to the network folder instead. That way everything still looks the same to the user but the file is only going to one place.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

• 09-26-2011 11:01 AM In reply to

Re: Saving to a Folder instead of SharePoint

Check out this blog post by Jimmy Rishe, see if it helps you.

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.