Set field from edit to read only - InfoPath2010 - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Set field from edit to read only - InfoPath2010

Last post 04-15-2020 11:49 AM by rpacdn. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-23-2011 01:16 PM

• Maja12
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-23-2011
    • Posts 2

Set field from edit to read only - InfoPath2010

I am wondering if there is a way that I would be able to set a field from edit to read only once it's saved and another person goes in the form to complete it. I would like them not to be able to edit certain fields on the form.

Thanks
    Maja

Filed under:
  • 09-25-2011 07:19 AM In reply to

Re: Set field from edit to read only - InfoPath2010

Hello Maja,

... and welcome to our forum.

The only way to set a field read-only is with rules. In your case that you would like to set several fields to read-only after the form is saved I would suggest that you use another (boolean) field and call it for example 'EditMode'. As the default value for this field you can set 'true'. After the save or submit process at which I don´t know how you are doing this you can set the field 'EditMode' to 'false' with an action rule. And then you can set a formatting rule to all of your fields which you want to set 'read-only' after it´s saved --- in this rule you have to check the formatting 'Disable this control' and the condition 'EditMode is equal to false'.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Karsten
  • 09-27-2011 04:21 PM In reply to

• Maja12
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-23-2011
    • Posts 2

Hi Karsten,

Thank you so much on your feedback. I will try your suggestion.

Sincerely,
    Maja

• 04-15-2020 11:49 AM In reply to

Is there a way to "Select All" to select a number of fields all at the same time and set them all to "read only". In short, I am trying to create a new view called "Manager View" where the information from the form will be diplayed as "read Only" text in an email. So I want to create a "Manager View", set all fields to "Read only" and send it as an email. I have quite a number of fields. So a quick short cut method would be helpful.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.