Qdabra Query Builder error. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Qdabra Query Builder error.

Last post 08-30-2011 08:49 PM by Jimmy. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-30-2011 12:35 PM

• Jtcom
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • Posts 34

Qdabra Query Builder error.

Greetings.  Would love to say I am back on the forums just to post a thanks for all the helpful information and all the help from Ernesto Machado (and by the way thank you very much Ernesto) on installing DBXL, but unfortunately I have run into a issue that goes beyond my knowledge with the Query Builder tool.  With a bit of work we got the Qdabra Query Builder to connect to our database and show tables, and then used it to build a query to test pulling data into another InfoPath 2007 form, I ran through the data connection wizard until I reached the screen where I double clicked the parameter and pasted the query in the sample value line.  At that point the following error occurred, I had thought after an extended effort that we had gotten everything configured correctly in the Query Builder so I would be grateful for any help with what this error means:

The SOAP response indicates that an error occurred on the server:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.ArgumentException: Invalid parameter
    Parameter name: queryXml
       at Qdabra.QueryDB.QueryDBService.InternalGetDataSet(XmlNode queryXml, String& table, Boolean& countOnly)
       at Qdabra.QueryDB.QueryDBService.Qdabra.QueryDB.Services.IQueryDBService.GetColumnsXMLQuery(XmlNode queryXml)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  • 08-30-2011 01:31 PM In reply to

Re: Qdabra Query Builder error.

Hi!

QueryBuilder produces a couple of queryxml strings. The data connection wizard requires one queryxml to get sample data, i.e. to detect the schema of the data being returned. The error you are getting suggests something is wrong with that queryxml. Is the error happening immediately after going to the next screen in the wizard, or when the form is previewed? Can you paste here the queryxml that is producing the error?

Thanks.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 08-30-2011 01:46 PM In reply to

• Jtcom
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • Posts 34

The error occurs right after I hit the next button.  I recreated the error using this query xml:  <query database='ClientData' table='Client' maxrows='2' getSample='true'><columns><column name='FirstName'/></columns></query> I tried creating a query from a few other tables to see if that made a difference and got an error each time.

• 08-30-2011 01:56 PM In reply to

One common issue with QueryDB is that the databases are not declared in the web.config,  but if I remember correctly the error message returned in that situation will be different.

Let's try the simplest possible queryxml:

<query database='ClientData' table='Client'></query>

Does something like this reproduce the same error?

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 08-30-2011 02:05 PM In reply to

• Jtcom
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • Posts 34

Yes the same error occurs with your simple query inserted.  Just as an FYI the information I posted was from the show details section of the dialog box that comes up with the error, the text that is shown by default in it is “InfoPath was unable to create a schema from the results of the Web service call”

• 08-30-2011 02:23 PM In reply to

• Jtcom
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • Posts 34

One other note, we did add the database into the web.config file as per the information in the QueryDB User Manual

• 08-30-2011 08:49 PM In reply to

Hello Jtcom,

Could you please ensure that you are using the GetColumnsXmlStrQuery web method, and not the one without Str in the name?

Jimmy Rishe / Software Developer / Microsoft MVP
    Qdabra Software
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.