DBXL 2.5 trial instillation problems - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

DBXL 2.5 trial instillation problems

Last post 08-29-2011 07:12 AM by ErnestoM. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-24-2011 11:55 AM

• Jtcom
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • Posts 34

DBXL 2.5 trial instillation problems

We are trying to install the trial version of DBXL 2.5 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 server with SQL 2008 and no SharePoint.  The install lets us past the first install bar and the settings on the tabs, and runs the install bar after the settings, and then it is ending with an error as follows: "Error 1001. The installation failed, and the rollback has been performed.--> An error occurred configuring system doctypes. See the Qdabra eventlog for details."  The event log error generated from our most recent attempt is at the end of this posting.  With some installation and configuration the requirements for installing on the server seem to be met, although we cannot find any IIS_WPG group listed anywhere on the server.  However, there is an IIS_IUSRS group that has the Network Service account included in it.  We are trying to get the trial version up and working so we can use it to create a form demo for a manager meeting tomorrow (we hope) so any thoughts or ideas about what is going wrong with our install are most appreciated.

Log Name:      Qdabra
    Source:        Database Accelerator
    Date:          8/24/2011 12:13:09 PM
    Event ID:      0
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Description:
    Error bootstrapping system doctypes
    Call to BoostrapSystemDocumentTypes failed. encountered a critical error and needs attention.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
      <System>
        <Provider Name="Database Accelerator" />
        <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
        <Level>2</Level>
        <Task>0</Task>
        <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-08-24T18:13:09.000000000Z" />
        <EventRecordID>40</EventRecordID>
        <Channel>Qdabra</Channel>
        <Computer>Labserver.cos.comcor.org</Computer>
        <Security />
      </System>
      <EventData>
        <Data>Error bootstrapping system doctypes
    Call to BoostrapSystemDocumentTypes failed. encountered a critical error and needs attention.</Data>
      </EventData>
    </Event>

• 08-24-2011 12:21 PM In reply to

Re: DBXL 2.5 trial instillation problems

Hi,

I'm sorry you've run into installation issues. Typically this error comes up when SharePoint is installed but the incorrect site is selected during the DBXL install. Since you're not using SharePoint, we can discard that. I wouldn't rule out an issue with the site, however. Do you have just the default site (port 80), is it https, any other sites? (these should show up in one of the first few screens of the DBXL installer) I see that the computer name above is Labserver.cos.comcor.org, so it would be interesting to also take a look at the first tab (in the tabbed view of the DBXL installer). You can attach screenshots via the Options tab when replying. Thank you for the additional info.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 08-24-2011 12:43 PM In reply to

• Jtcom
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • Posts 34

Hi, Ernesto

Thanks for the reply. I am taking over for Justin. I am the systems administrator. The server does not have any othe IIS sites and there are no other programs using IIS. The default site is HTTP, Port 80. I attached the screen shot of tab 1.

Thanks, Larry

• 08-24-2011 02:22 PM In reply to

Hi Larry,

The other thing I can think of is SQL permissions. The account of the user installing DBXL will be used to connect and create the database and thus requires sysadmin permission. Can you verify that the account you are using to execute the installer and the Network Service (or the account you are selecting for DBXL) have administrative permissions in SQL?

Thank you,

Ernesto Machado
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 08-24-2011 02:37 PM In reply to

• Jtcom
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • Posts 34

I am logged into the server as the Domain Administrator. I am using SQL authentication and using the sa account. Also the Domain Administrator is a member of the DbxlAdmins group.

• 08-24-2011 03:21 PM In reply to

• Jtcom
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • Posts 34

I am trying to install DBXL on a Windows 2008 R2 Standard x64 server.

I am not sure what setup.exe version Justin downloaded. 

• 08-24-2011 09:26 PM In reply to

Sorry for the delay. The trial on the web site should work for both.

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 08-25-2011 05:12 AM In reply to

• Jtcom
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • Posts 34

I have tried both the setup.exe and the msi to install and failed with he same error.

It appears it may be something with IIS. The databases are created in SQL.

• 08-25-2011 09:43 AM In reply to

• Jtcom
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • Posts 34

Hi Ernesto, Referencing your email… What time did you come up with to get with us. We are under a time constraint to make a decision on DBXL. DBXL Installation
  • 08-29-2011 07:12 AM In reply to

Summarizing the issue for future users: Windows Authentication was not installed, then we had to do a aspnet_regiis, and also enable 32 bit apps on the 64 bit OS.

Ernesto Machado

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.