Export to PDF issue - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Export to PDF issue

Last post 08-12-2011 11:51 AM by Lockdown. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-10-2011 03:29 PM

Export to PDF issue

I'm just trying to do a simple export to pdf.

When I attempt this I get a dialog box saying "Infopath has encountered an error. The operation failed"

That is it. No error report or anything lol.

I also tried it programmatically. When doing that I get this error:

The following error occurred:

InfoPath has encountered an error. The operation failed.
    InfoPath cannot export the form.
    Catastrophic failure

File:script.js
    Line:24

Catastrophic failure

I am kind of at a loss here. I've search around for anything related to this error and haven't been able to find anything. Any help would be awesome.

• 08-10-2011 03:38 PM In reply to

So - when you say you are trying to do a simple export to PDF - how are you doing it? What version of InfoPath are you running?

Hilary Stoupa

• 08-10-2011 03:40 PM In reply to

I am running Infopath 2007. All I really did was click File -> export to -> PDF.

Then I get the error.

• 08-10-2011 03:56 PM In reply to

That's odd. I forget, did Office 2007 have native support for this? Or did something else have to be installed? Here's a link to the add-in I think has to be installed...

Hilary Stoupa

• 08-10-2011 04:03 PM In reply to

Ya, I already downloaded that and installed it. When I go to Save as.. It doesnt even offer me the option to save as a PDF. It only allows me to export as a pdf and that just doesn't work. Thanks for the replies though! I am going to keep playing around with it and see if I can get it to work!

• 08-11-2011 12:56 PM In reply to

Still no luck with this issue. I am able to export to mht just fine but exporting to pdf just isn't working. I'm guessing it doesn't have anything to do with infopath but maybe some configuration setting somewhere for pdf's.

• 08-11-2011 01:02 PM In reply to

If the other export options work, I'd suspect something other than InfoPath. You could always repair your Office install, just in case....

Hilary Stoupa

• 08-12-2011 11:51 AM In reply to

Ya, it works on every computer I've tried except mine. Go figure, haha.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.