Connect Infopath form to specific sharepoint site view - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Connect Infopath form to specific sharepoint site view

Last post 07-23-2011 06:49 PM by Potemkine. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-20-2011 03:09 AM

Connect Infopath form to specific sharepoint site view

Hello all.  Apologies if this is a stupid question, but I am new to the whole world of sharepoint and infopath.

I'm trying to create an infopath form with a dropdown list whose values come from a datasource.  The datasource is a list in a sharepoint site.  I have managed to do this, and the values are showing up.  However, the values returned only seem to be those shown in the "default view" for that sharepoint list.  So if I change the default view so that it only displays 30 items per page, the infopath form will only retrieve 30 values.

I would like the default view to be restricted to 30 results for neatness, but I obviously need the infopath form to return all possible values.  What's the best way to do this?  Is is possible to link the datasource to another view that contains all values?

Thanks for any help/advice!

Lee

• 07-23-2011 06:49 PM In reply to

Re: Connect Infopath form to specific sharepoint site view

Hi, you can create a new view with all your items and use XML data connection on your data source. You can use owssvr.dll to get an xml of your sharepoint list. Here a sample: http://server//_vti_bin/owssvr.dll?Cmd=Display&List={listGuid}&view={viewGuid}&XMLDATA=TRUE You have to set the URL,the Guid of your list and view
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.