Help with how to .... - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Help with how to ....

Last post 07-10-2011 03:27 PM by kiwiflame. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-07-2011 04:38 PM

Help with how to ....

I am very new to Infopath and am using 2007.   I have a form that has a drop-down list box with a topics list and a comments text box.  Users of the form can select a topic and comment on up to 14 topics but I don't want to have to add the same drop-down list box and comments text box, 14 times onto my form.

How can I add a button that when clicked by users, another topics drop-down list and comments text box is inserted and they can select a new topic and add new comments.

I tried adding the dropdown and comments box to a Repeating Section but when I changed the topic selection in the dropdown list, it changed the first instance of it as well. 

Thanks

• 07-08-2011 02:55 AM In reply to

If I understand correctly, you just want a repeating table, and the dropdown placed WITHIN that repeating table. Have you tried that?

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 07-10-2011 02:34 PM In reply to

Hi

I have tried a repeating section and a repeating table but the issue I have is when I fill it is then click the link to insert another section or row (on repeating table), it has the same text as I have filled in in the previous section / row. 

When I edit the text in the new section / row, it changes the text in the first section / row.  It is link the values in the first section / row is linked to the values in the next section / row.

It keeps changing what I've already typed in and I don't know how to stop this happening.

• 07-10-2011 03:27 PM In reply to

Hi All

I have eventually worked it out and stopped the values in the fields from changing.  It was all to do with groups and bindings.  I re-created the form from scratch and seems to be okay now.  NOTE:  I eventually used a repeating section.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.