Concatenating Checkbox values - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Concatenating Checkbox values

Last post 06-24-2011 05:50 PM by Patrick Halstead. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-24-2011 06:21 AM

Concatenating Checkbox values

Hi,

I have been struggling with this one for a few days now...  I have several check boxes that i changed the values to string values.  For example .. Box A, Box B, Box C, Box D........  A user selects several boxes and I want to concatenate those into a text box called Trials.   I used this concatenate statement:

substring(eval(eval((Box A, | Box B, | Box C, | Box D, | Box E, | Box F, | Box F, | Box G, | Box H, | Box I, | Box J, | Box K, | Box L, | Box Box A)[. != ""], 'concat(", ", .)'), ".."), 3, 10000)

I put the rule on the submit button that it would FIRST concatentate the check boxes and then submit the form to the Sharepoint list.  For whatever reason that I am missing, I can not get it to submit to the Trial field.  Does anyone see something that i may be missing?  I would appreciate any help here as this is driving me crazy.

chris

• 06-24-2011 05:50 PM In reply to

Re: Concatenating Checkbox values

Hi Chris,

To debug this, deconstruct it and break out your one set value action into multiple set value actions which set values based on pieces of your above expression. For example, the inner eval(...) statement gets set to a debug field. Drag these fields into a debug section into your form. Turn off the submit to data connection and preview it until you have it working. Hopefully that will help you figure out where it is not working.

Best!

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.