Updating a sharepoint list with only changed data... - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Updating a sharepoint list with only changed data...

Last post 06-16-2011 05:57 PM by Patrick Halstead. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-16-2011 10:15 AM

Updating a sharepoint list with only changed data...

I have a sharepoint list with sales territory data, where the original data came from a pipe delimited text file.  I used access to create the list, however, the text file is updated every day, the number of rows don't change, but individual fields do.  What I would like to do is update the records which have changed by comparing the sp list to the data in the text file.  I want to loop through each row and build an xml batch element based on that comparison.  My first question is, is this the best way to do this or should I be looking at another approach?  Second question is what is the best way to pull the nodes in the sharepoint list for comparison?

Any help would be appreciated.

• 06-16-2011 05:57 PM In reply to

Re: Updating a sharepoint list with only changed data...

Hi Caeanis,

You might be able to use our XLS to XML tool to do this. It submits to SharePoint and it does handle updates so you don't have to worry about duplicate writes. You could use the pipe character as your delimiter to create the columns in the XLS. You're going to need to spend an hour or two learning how to use the tool, but we're here to help.

Best of luck,

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.