Infopath 2007 - If a dropdownlist is bound to a second data source, is it possible to code for manually entering data? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Infopath 2007 - If a dropdownlist is bound to a second data source, is it possible to code for manually entering data?

Last post 06-10-2011 08:38 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-10-2011 07:33 AM

Infopath 2007 - If a dropdownlist is bound to a second data source, is it possible to code for manually entering data?

I have a drop down list that displays user ids for a given territories (filtered on the log in id of the user).  Some territories do not currently have a user associated, and as a result, the drop down list is empty.  Is there a way to write a rule to allow a value to be type into the drop down (in case they are entering a person for the first time)?  My guess is you can't change the binding at run time but if there is a way or if there is a different approach to take I'd appreciate any help given.  Thank you.

• 06-10-2011 08:11 AM In reply to

Re: Infopath 2007 - If a dropdownlist is bound to a second data source, is it possible to code for manually entering data?

I'd just add a text field to the form. Then add some conditional formatting that will hide the drop down if there are no territories for the user (i.e., the user id isn't in the 2ds that provides the data for the territory drop down), and add some conditional formatting to the text box to hide it if the user does have territories. Oh, and make sure the text box is bound to the same field as the drop down. Make sense?

Hilary Stoupa

• 06-10-2011 08:25 AM In reply to

Re: Infopath 2007 - If a dropdownlist is bound to a second data source, is it possible to code for manually entering data?

It was so simple I can't believe I didn't think of that. Thank you Hilary!

• 06-10-2011 08:38 AM In reply to

Darned trees -- always making the forest hard to find....

Have a great day!

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.