Populate a textbox based on dropdown value - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Populate a textbox based on dropdown value

Last post 07-27-2011 06:38 AM by ChuckP. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-01-2011 11:37 PM

Populate a textbox based on dropdown value

Hi, I have searched the net and I did not find any approach related to the approach im thinking. And since I'm here, I would like to know if this is possible:

Scenario is: A user will choose a value from the dropdown, for example, I have these controls drpDown and txtBox.

What I want to do is that I will be creating a list and will be the data source for the dropdown. the list will contain 2 columns: Column1 and Column2

Contents are:

Column1    Column2

Paper         Pencil

Board         Chalk

Notebook    Ballpen

So if the user will choose "Paper" in the drpDown, txtBox will be populated with "Pencil", or if Board is chosen, Chalk will appear in the txtBox

My question is: is this possible? any tutorials or step by step? im new to infopath so please bear with me thanks!

• 06-02-2011 07:52 AM In reply to

Re: Populate a textbox based on dropdown value

I've attached a sample that leverages a data connection to an XML file included as resource to the form to do this. Right click the link in the header to the post and "Save As" to save locally. Right click the local copy of the file and select Design to open in design mode. There is a rule on the drop down that sets the value of the text box.

Hilary Stoupa

• 07-27-2011 06:38 AM In reply to

• ChuckP
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-25-2011
    • Posts 4

Independent dropdown in repeating table

Hello:

I am trying to develope a form with a populated repeating table from a sharepoint list that has duplicate values in two of five fields.

I need to have a dropdown list with independent dropdowns for each row in the repeating table either in the table itself or somewhere else.

Then I need to save this data to a list for use in other forms or in another section of this form.

Sharepoint list data source

ITEM1 ITEM2 ITEM3 ITEM4 ITEM5
    B b 1 A 1
    B c 2 A 2
    B d 3 C 3
    A b 4 A 4
    A c 5 A 5

Dropdown Selections

ITEM1 ITEM4
    B A
    Repeating sect.with conditional formatting or other sugestions

ITEM1 ITEM2 ITEM3 ITEM4 ITEM5 Need Independent Dropdown Here
    B b 1 A 1 Yes
    B c 2 A 2 No

Any help would be appreciated..

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.