Dropdown & normal list doesn't hold selection - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Dropdown & normal list doesn't hold selection

Last post 04-02-2011 03:40 PM by qwerty. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-01-2011 01:09 AM

• cleoni
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-01-2011
    • Posts 1

Dropdown & normal list doesn't hold selection

Hello,

I am using InfoPath 2003 SP3.

With my great surprise, the dropdown lists (and also normal lists) don't work. 

I refer to lists with manually-entered values. The form is used normally saved on a PC, not on a webserver, the simplest case you can think of.

Behaviour: you select a value from a dropdown, hit TAB to go to the next field and - voilĂ  - the selection in the dropdown automatically changes to the last value of the list.

The problem persists even if I implement the list with a normal (not dropdown) list.

More bugs I found: when you enter values manually for the dropdown list, you always specify a value and a description to be seen by the user. Well, the value appear to be blanked out as soon as you close and re-edit the control, even though when you use and save the form you can see the values are actually kept by the form (in breif: they are there, but you cannot see them).

Am I the only one having this problem with this software?

Is there any fix or workaround (perhaps by using the onAfterChange event?)

Best,

--Cristiano Leoni
    IT consultant
    http://www.sitiweb-bologna.com
  • 04-02-2011 03:40 PM In reply to

Re: Dropdown & normal list doesn't hold selection

Hey there. This doesn't sound normal to me; I just tried using a dropdown and TAB and I did not have that problem. Try repairing your installation of IP. Also, see if you get the same behavior on different forms. Hope this helps!

Qwerty
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.