How to allow for continual editing of records? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

How to allow for continual editing of records?

Last post 03-31-2011 12:51 PM by Javiator. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-31-2011 12:51 PM

How to allow for continual editing of records?

Hello,

I would like to set up my form so as to allow the user to progressively update records.  This way, the user is able to submit as much information as is available at a given time, but may go back in and add or edit later, if desired.  My form is connected to an Access 2007 database, and is laid out in a repeating table. The purpose of the form is to record information about participants in training sessions.  The "SessionID" field from the form's database table is bound to a dropdown list box control on the form, which is populated by a query in the database.  Selecting the appropriate session on the form causes the record to be associated with a certain training session.  I would like to make it possible for the user to query the database by selecting the desired session somehow, thereby populating the repeating table with all records thus far entered for the selected session.  The user can then add or edit information, and resubmit.  Being very new to InfoPath 2007, I do not know how to accomplish this.  Assuming what I intend to do is possible, could someone please suggest the overall strategy?

Thank you very much!

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.