Opening a Form Template from a default folder - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Opening a Form Template from a default folder

Last post 03-21-2011 09:12 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-14-2011 04:53 AM

Opening a Form Template from a default folder

Ok - this 'should' be quite easy....  but it's not!

We have a couple of forms that we are busy putting into an electronic forms library.  It's going well so far, but we hit a snag last week.  Basically, I'm working on one type of form (A Purchase form) and my boss is working on holiday forms.  I asked him to check out my PR form to see if he could make some changes, but the template wasn't enough... he also needed the code which I had forgot about!  And of course, where is it saved???  Yep.... my hard drive on my laptop!   So, I sent him the files when I got home...  no problem.

However....  we decided this morning to save the template files to a central location, so that both of us can work on both form types without having to worry about where the code is for each one.  So, we created a folder on our server called 'Forms' and then a folder for each form, one called PRForm and another called HolForm.  I copied my template into the PRForm folder and then created another folder in here called FormData and copied my form data (Saved locally in this folder C:\Users\branchja\Documents\InfoPath Projects\Purchase Request\Purchase Request.vbproj) and then opened the form template from the network....  it works...  but when I try to save it, it asks weher I want to save it too. 

When i check the form options again (Advanced Options) it seems to have reverted back to the above folder on my C:\ drive, but created a new folder called Purchase Request1 !   I tried again and it created another folder called Purchase Request2.....  so, my question is:  Are you able to save the form template and data onto a server and then simply make changes as and when required?  Or, do we have to it all locally?

Or, do we have to start from scratch and develop a new form, starting with a blank template on the network server?

Any help would be most appreciated!

James

• 03-21-2011 09:12 AM In reply to

Re: Opening a Form Template from a default folder

Under Tools / Form Options (in IP 2007, Advanced Form Options for IP 2010) there is a tab for Programming. You'll need to tell your form where the code is after you move everything to a new location.

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.